More of the Story
When the South Italy school house was built the congregation carried on its work there and in 1890, transferred its activities to the building in Italy, Texas that has now been relocated to Founders Row in Midlothian, Texas. The building was completed the following year in 1891, and at that time, the church took the name, The First Christian Church of Italy, and was been known by that name until it moved to Founders Row and was shortened to The Old Church. Names of the original charter members include: the John Couch family, the Jim Couch family, the George Stroud family, the S. M. Dunlap family, the George Hamlett family, the Will Jennings family, the Willis Pruitt family, the Dr. A. B. Robuck family, the H. A. Erwin family and the Tom Johns family.
Source: Ellis County TXGenWeb. All Rights Reserved.